NOTICE TO UNEMPLOYED MEMBERS - (5/31/2005)
IBEW Local 164 is offering new educational programs specifically designed to enhance the skills of our membership. The programs are offered in fourty (40) hour modules. Each module is two (2) weeks in length. Classes will be offered days, Monday-Friday, time to be determined.
THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF LABOR HAS APPROVED THE PROGRAMS FOR UNEMPLOYED MEMBERS.
If you are an unemployed Local 164 member you may qualify for an EXTENSION to your unemployment benefits when you register for a course(s) at the Academy.
* You are unemployed and receiving unemployment benefits.
* Go to www.WNJPIN.com webpage and under ""Career Explorer"" click on ""Training and Education"". Then click on NJ Training Systems and then ""Search for Training Providers"". Scroll to the page bottom and then enter ""IBEW"". Or, instead of using the web, visit or call the Training Academy and ask for the "" Unemployment Course Handout"". 201-265-7273
* Review and select the course(s) to enhance your skills.
* Call the State One Stop Career Center at 877-872-5627 and give your zip code. You will be directed to the State Employment office nearest your home.
* At the State Employment office, visit the Career Center and ask your Employment Specialist to refer you to IBEW Local 164 Training Academy.
* You can take a single course or all the courses.
* The State of New Jersey will Pay Tuition directly to Local 164.
* Unemployment benefits will be extended for each completed course. br>If you have any questions contact Dave Milazzo, Sr. at 201-265-7273.
Show All News Headlines