ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
CLICK HERE for the Official Announcement!
We are pleased to announce that our application procedure will now take place online through a link that will be posted here on the IBEW Local 164 website.
The link will be http://ibew164.org/application-voucher.aspx
- This link on the IBEW Local 164 website will be activated for 72-hours
- This link will allow prospective applicants to fill out a form adding their name and contact information to a list of potential applicants.
- Every person who adds their name to the list will receive a confirmation email through our Third-Party vendor “Constant Contact” email system containing their lottery number as well as the lottery drawing broadcast date and link.
- A Random Number Generator Lottery drawing process will then be used to choose 100 lottery numbers who will then be eligible to receive a voucher and application during this event.
- A Third-Party administrator (our website administrator) will host a “YouTube” live feed showing the Random Number Generated sequence which will determine which numbers are randomly selected to receive a voucher and application.
- The broadcast date and link will also be posted to the IBEW Local 164 website.
- The number of apprentices needed will determine the number of vouchers and applications distributed, this number will be contained in the application lottery announcement.
- A voucher entitles the recipient to receive the full application which can be submitted digitally through an application submission portal on the IBEW Local 164 website or if they so choose, receive a physical paper application from the training center which they can then fill out and return in person via appointment.
- Applicants will only be able to submit their name once for the lottery. If multiple submissions are made for the same application date, only the first submission will be eligible and entered into the lottery.
- Any additional submissions will be invalid.
- The local will NOT notify those with multiple submissions that their subsequent submissions are invalid however, we will accept all phone calls and emails for those that wish to confirm receipt what their lottery number is.
- Persons may submit their name for the lottery each time the lottery is held until such time as they are selected. (Quarterly as determined by the JATC)
- The fall 2021 application opportunity will take place as follows:
- The link will be active:
- From 12am Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Until 12pm Thursday, December 10, 2021.
- The YouTube Live Random Number Generator drawing will take place at:
- 12pm Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
- Voucher recipients will be notified via email immediately following the Random Number Generator Drawing.
- The voucher recipients will have two ways to submit their application:
- 1. Voucher recipients can submit their application online through a link provided to them through the Constant Contact email system.
- 2. Voucher recipients can pick up their applications in-person via appointment at the Training Center, recipients will call 201-265-7273 x3233 for an appointment.
- Completed applications and required documents are then to be submitted in-person via appointment made by calling 201-265-7273 x3233
- Anyone completing the online application will have to submit in-person, the required documentation listed in the “Electrical Application Requirement Document” link on the Electrical Apprenticeship Applications Information page of our website
- All applications must be submitted by Thursday, December 23, 2021, 4pm whether submitted online through the application submission portal or in-person
- Once their application is submitted, they will be notified via US Mail and the Constant Contact email system of the date and time of the Aptitude Test.